Friday, July 26, 2013

Matilda

I had a wonderful surprise Tuesday afternoon! Mica Yoder, a friend from church, won the lottery for cheap tickets to see Matilda the Musical, and invited me along as her guest. The Yoders have been great supporters of MVSers, and tonight was no exception, since they paid my ticket. A full time volunteer couldn’t ask for anything more! A great show, great company, and it was FREE!


This week has been stressful for me with waiting for jobs to call, and all the anxiety that goes along with it. Tuesday was particularly difficult, so when Mica called, I was THRILLED to go to Broadway. Nothing like an inspirational story complete with cute kids, singing and choreography to turn your day around!


The show was fantastic! I would highly recommend it to anyone. The set and costumes looked like they came straight out of Roald Dahl’s imagination. The actors were stellar (Gabriel Elbert, Mr. Wormwood, won the Tony for Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical), and the atmosphere was great. A perfect pick-me-up.


Check out the medley from the Tony’s here for a taste of the show :)



No comments:

Post a Comment