Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I got a Job!

Hello Friends,

Major life update. I have a job! I will continue to live at work in New York City. I am soooo happy!!!

The dets:

Starting Monday, August 12, I will be working at The Henry Street Settlement as a Volunteer Program Associate. About two months after I start, my supervisor will be going on maternity leave, and I will be running the program. I am really looking forward to this growing opportunity.

This is what the place looks like:
slide1
It is located on the Lower East Side in the heart of China Town (cheap dumplings for lunch--say what??) about two miles from Menno House.

My last day at CFY is August 7.

I will continue to live at Menno House, and enjoy living in the city!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers throughout this year of MVS, and for your continued thoughts and prayers as I transition to my new role.

Blessings,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment