Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Luck of the Irish

Happy (belated) St. Paddy's Day!

After spending St. Patrick's day in Chicago last year, I was over the public display of drunkenness only the city can bring you on this Saint's Day. (I'm talking vomit on the subway at 10 am...gross.)

Needless to say, as much as I love the holiday, I was too keen on being out in the streets.

On Friday, Sara made her annual St. Patrick's Day Feast: corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. The rest of the house contributed whiskey, beer, dessert, and Irish soda bread. Yum!

Katie and I decorated the dinning room with green. Jovon's brother, Vin, along with Jovon, Will, and Vanessa, entertained us with Irish songs. A lot of Haul Away was sung :)

The rest of the weekend was spent resting, and babysitting. Fairly uneventful, but sometimes that's exactly what you need :)

No comments:

Post a Comment