Friday, December 7, 2012

Happy birthday!

Hello dear readers,

As most of you know, my birthday was last Tuesday. I had a wonderful day :) Thanks to all of you for the lovely cards, e-mails, texts, etc. How did I spend my birthday in the Big Apple?

First thing Tuesday morning, I met up with my coworker Mitchell for coffee at Bourbon Coffee (http://www.bourboncoffeeusa.com/). He had spent a year doing service in Rwanda after his undergraduate, so it was fun to go to a Rwandan Coffee Shop with him. CFY-NYC is celebrating the addition of new values, and this month's value is Embracing Individuality. One of our challenges for the month of November is to go outside the office with folks in the office with whom you normally wouldn't interact. We had a great conversation, and then headed to the office.

I was greeted by streamers galore, and an awkward picture of a very angry cat with a birthday hat on displayed on my desk. It looks like Melissa the Office Manager/birthday fairy strikes again! As the day progressed, I ended up going out for coffee two more times. It was delightful! I didn't have a lot of work to day, so I just hung out with people FOR THE WHOLE DAY. Best birthday present ever :)

I had planned dinner out with friends later that evening. We went to the Magic Sushi Place (to this day, I still don't know the name of it...) and had sushi delivered to us on a conveyor belt. What more can you ask for? Sushi on a conveyor belt? Best ever. At first it was a bit overwhelming, because there were so many choices, and they were all coming at you at once, and they were all yummy!!!!

All in all, I would say I had a delightful 23rd birthday in NYC

Below are some of my lovely housemates celebrating my birthday with me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment