Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fundraiser Meal!

I had my fundraiser meal at Faith Mennonite Church on Sunday, July 29. Good news! I needed $2,000, and we exceeded that amount. Thank you all so much for your support!

Thank you to Janora, Mary, Sara, the Social Committee, the Board of Witness and Outreach, my grandparents, the middle school youth group, Mark, Alice, Monica, Victoria, Ryan, Liz, Claire and of course my parents for a successful meal!

On the menu was New York Style hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, celery, carrots, and cake. We had an array of condiments including onion sauce, caramelized onions, and kraut. If you're interested in making your own hot dog sauce, here's the recipe.

It's a very humbling experience to be vulnerable enough to ask people to donate money. This is the second time I've done something like this, and it never fails to amaze me how much people believe in me, and how willing all of you are to support me. Keep the prayers coming! I leave on Sunday...

Below are some pictures our fearless photographer Claire Unruh took for your viewing pleasure :)

Anna, a member of the middle school youth group,
helps my grandma dish up her hot dog.
The middle school youth group helped carry plates.


The social committee helps serve the food.
Pictured here are Allen, Vicki, Chuck and Joni.

Looks tasty Sam!
Paul, Andrea, Merrill, and Max dress their dogs.

I'm serving the plates. Jane, Mike and Naomi look ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment